Washington, D.C. – House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and conservative Hispanic leaders will hold a press conference on TUESDAY at 12:30PM ET on the Securing America’s Future Act (H.R. 4760). This bill, which has nearly 100 cosponsors, bolsters enforcement of existing immigration law, makes important reforms to our legal immigration programs, secures the border, provides a legislative solution for the current beneficiaries of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and provides a workable agricultural guestworker program.
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), sponsor of the Securing America’s Future Act
- Alfonso Aguilar, Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles
- Rev. Tony Suarez, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Lourdes Aguirre, Eres America
- Artemio Muñiz, Texas Federation of Hispanic Republicans
- Omar Franco, Latino Coalition
- Danny Vargas, National Hispanic Leader and former National Republican Hispanic Assembly Chair
- Zoraida Fonalledas, National Hispanic Leader and Puerto Rico GOP National Committeewoman
- Luis Alvarado, Latino Legislative Roundtable
- Jerry Pierce, Hispanic 100
- Jose Fuentes, National Hispanic Leader and former Attorney General of Puerto Rico
- Rev. Gus Reyes, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
WHAT: Press Conference
WHEN: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 12:30p.m.
WHERE: House Judiciary Committee Hearing Room (2141 Rayburn)
RSVP: Media wishing to cover the press conference must RSVP by 9:00am on Tuesday, March 13 to Kathryn Rexrode, Kathryn.Rexrode@mail.house.gov.