Planned Parenthood Exposed
The House Judiciary Committee’s investigation is ongoing and the Committee is examining the sufficiency of federal laws related to the shocking acts of Planned Parenthood, including the history of their enforcement by the federal government.
Since the launch of the investigation, the House Judiciary Committee has taken several steps in order to obtain answers from Planned Parenthood and the Department of Justice.
- July 17, 2015: The House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch demanding further investigation by the Department of Justice into potential violations of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act by Planned Parenthood.
- August 17, 2015: The House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the Department of Justice requesting information on the department’s prior investigations into the trafficking of fetal body parts.
- August 19, 2015: The House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to 58 Planned Parenthood Affiliates across the country requesting information on their clinical procedures and standards when performing abortion services.
- September 9, 2015: The House Judiciary Committee held its first hearing in a series entitled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining the Horrific Abortion Practices at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider.”
- September 18, 2015: The House of Representatives passed the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act (H.R. 3504) by a vote of 248-177.