Legislative Aide/Professional Staff Member for House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
The House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet (Majority) seeks a Legislative Aide/Professional Staff Member to handle clerking responsibilities; provide support to Subcommittee Counsels on legislative, procedural, and policy matters; and complete administrative tasks. Duties include:
- Preparing and circulating official notices and materials, maintaining official hearing records, and staffing Subcommittee hearings and markups.
- Preparing for hearings and markups by assisting Subcommittee Counsels with written materials for Members, vetting and preparing witnesses, and coordinating with Subcommittee Member offices on hearing and markup logistics.
- Providing support to Subcommittee Counsels and Democratic Member offices on legislative and policy matters related to the Subcommittee’s jurisdiction, as well as procedural issues relating to Committee business.
- Assisting with Subcommittee investigations and other oversight activities, including by maintaining and analyzing document productions provided by government and nongovernmental entities.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Subcommittee, including answering phone calls, managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, and logging and tracking bills referred to the Subcommittee.
Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Candidates should have prior Hill experience, ideally with a Congressional Committee. Previous courts or intellectual property policy experience is a plus, but not required. The Committee strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the country’s population; candidates from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including marital or parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability, age, or national origin.
Please send a resume and cover letter to JDEM.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Legislative Aide – Courts/IP” in the subject line.
Counsel for House Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial and Administrative Law
The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law seeks a hard-working lawyer with significant legal experience to serve as counsel.
Responsibilities include: serving as a resource for Democratic Members of the Subcommittee on matters of law and policy; drafting legislation; coordinating hearings and witnesses; drafting statements, memos, and briefing materials; and providing guidance to offices both on and off the Subcommittee on matters of antitrust law.
A strong background in antitrust is required. Exceptional writing skills, sound political judgment, and the ability to work closely and collaboratively with other congressional offices and advocacy organizations are also strongly preferred.
The Committee strives to ensure that our staff represents the diversity of the country’s population; candidates from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including marital or parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability, age, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to JDEM.Job@mail.house.gov. Please include “Antitrust Counsel” in the subject line.